- Program Accreditation: Diploma
- 55 weeks – Total hours: 1,040
- Theory: 560 hours – Internship: 480 hours
Jump-starting your career in the exciting hospitality industry begins with the Hospitality Operations Diploma Program. This program will equip you for entry-level positions in a fast-paced and rewarding career field within travel and tourism. After just one year of study, students will complete an internship and begin networking within the industry. For those interested in management roles, this program prepares students for Evergreen’s two-year Hospitality Management Diploma Program.
Graduates of this program can expect to be employed by hotels, motels, resorts, student residences, food and beverage facilities, and other accommodation establishments, or they may be self-employed. The Hospitality Operations program is the perfect starting point for anyone interested in exploring the hospitality industry. After successful completion of the Hospitality Operations program, students wanting to further complete Evergreen College’s Hospitality Management program will only need to complete one more year of study.
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or be at least 18 years of age or older and pass an entry test.
- English proficiency requirement for international students.
To successfully meet the program outcomes the student must:
- Achieve a minimum mark of 65% in all of the module assignments and exams
- Achieve a satisfactory rating in the internship evaluation
What You Will Learn
The course consists of 11 modules. These modules are covered in the classroom and the internship.
- Hospitality Today
- Front Office
- Housekeeping Management
- Opera Property Management System (PMS)
- Managing Service in Food and Beverage Operations
- Management of Food and Beverage Operations
- MICROS Point of Sale (POS)
- Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Internship: The Hospitality Operations students complete their education with 480 hours of internship experience.
JOB FINDING WORKSHOPS ARE INCLUDED
The Hospitality Operations Program is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.