Academic Preparation Course
- Program Accreditation: Certificate
- 4 weeks – Total hours: 80
The Evergreen College Academic Preparation Course (APC) aims to prepare the student for success in their diploma program, academically and developing an understanding of business culture in North America.
This enable student to prepare themselves for academic content pursuit and prepare them to successfully in their job and workplace.
The Program instructs student academically by developing skills in Listening Speaking, Reading and Writing. Business culture addressing topics such as Attendance, Punctuality, Resumes, Ethics, Relationship Building and Career Success.
The course consists of Four (4) weeks. Weekly modules are: Resources, Ethics, Relationship Building, and Career Success. Each week will include Group Work, Attendance, Punctuality, Monitoring and Participation.
- Students must achieve an attendance standard of 85%.
- Submission of weekly assignments.
- Active participation in all classes.
Week 1- Resumes
- Job Search
- Recruiting Process
- Presentation Skills
- Corporate Culture
Week 3- Relationship Building
- Understanding Diagrams
Week 4- Career Success
- Corporate Structure s
- Official/Work Politics
Sample Course Tasks:
- Participated in topic discussion
- Work in groups or pairs
- Prepare a resume
- Setup a LinkedIn Profile
- Analyse a Job Description
- Research a Company
- Perform a Presentation on Ethics
- Participate in mingling exercises
- Prepare and Participate in in the 30 seconds commercial
- Complete a Communication Style Assessment
- Complete Reading Comprehension Assignments
- Follow Directions as given
- Conduct a Job Search
- Engage in small talk
- Take notes as required
- Prepare Interviews Questions & Answers