Data Science & Analytics
- Program Accreditation: Diploma
- 50 Weeks – Total hours: 1000
- Theory: 840 hours – Capstone Project: 160 hours
Data science is an interdisciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data and apply knowledge and actionable insights from data across various application domains. A data science task is aimed at solving a business problem by using the data of that business process and it requires knowledge about the business domain, identification of the data required to model the problem at hand, skills in data extraction and manipulation, hands-on experience in using machine learning and statistical models using industry preferred tools and applications.
The Data Science and Analytics program prepares students for jobs titled Junior Data Analyst, Junior Data Scientist, Junior Machine Learning Engineer, Junior BI Developer, and Python Developer.
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or be at least 18 or older and pass an entry test.
- English proficiency requirement for international students.
To successfully meet the program outcomes the student must:
- Achieve a minimum mark of 65% in all of the module assignments and exams
- Achieve a satisfactory rating in the two Capstone Projects evaluation
What You Will Learn
The course consists of 13 modules. These modules are covered in the classroom and the Project.
- Introduction to Business Statistics
- Python for Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Data Preprocessing & EDA
- Machine Learning for Data Science
- Deep Learning Fundamentals
- Relational Database Concepts
- Working with NoSQL Databases
- Front End Development using React.js
- Backend End Development using Python
- ML- Ops Fundamentals
Students complete their education with 160 hours of two Capstone Projects.
JOB FINDING WORKSHOPS ARE INCLUDED
The Data Science & Analytics Program is approved as a vocational program under the Ontario Career Colleges Act, 2005.