- Program Accreditation: Diploma
- 88 weeks – Total hours: 1,640
- Theory: 820 hours – Internship: 820 hours
Open the door to an exciting career in hotels, resorts, restaurants and more. The Hospitality Management Diploma Program will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to fulfill leadership roles that center on providing exceptional guest experiences. You will learn a combination of management strategies focused on developing your service skills, leadership capabilities, guest interactions, communication and hospitality science.
Imagine a career that welcomes you to work at luxury hotel, resort, restaurant, tourist attraction, club, cruise line and so much more. Graduates of this program are prepared to hold supervisory roles within the hospitality industry where they plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate operations. The growing hospitality industry continues to see a demand for high-skilled, people-oriented professionals.
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or be at least 18 years of age or older and pass an entry test.
- English proficiency requirement for international students.
To successfully meet the program outcomes the student must:
- Achieve a minimum mark of 65% in all of the module assignments and exams
- Achieve a satisfactory rating in the internship evaluation
What You Will Learn
The course consists of 15 modules. These modules are covered in the classroom and the internship.
- Hospitality Today
- Front Office
- Housekeeping Management
- Opera Property Management System (PMS)
- Managing Service in Food and Beverage Operations
- Management of Food and Beverage Operations
- MICROS Point of Sale (POS)
- Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Managing Hospitality Human Resources
- Security and Loss Prevention Management
- Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
- Leadership and Management in the Hospitality
- Internship: The Hospitality Management students complete their education with 820 hours of internship experience.
JOB FINDING WORKSHOPS ARE INCLUDED
The Hospitality Management Program is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.